Portugal Appeals Court Ruled It Is Unlawful To Quarantine People Based Soley On PCR Tests

As more and more countries experience lockdowns and quarantines due to the results of PCR Tests, An appeals court in Portugal has ruled that they cannot be used to quarantine people. The Portugal court has deemed the PCR tests to be ineffective and unreliable. After the high court looked at all of the evidence they ruled that if someone is tested by PCR as positive when a threshold of 35 cycles or higher is used (as is the rule in most laboratories in Europe and the US), the probability that said person is infected is less than 3%, and the probability that said result is a false positive is 97%.” They concluded that the PCR tests were not reliable enough to base any quarantines on. Portugal has experienced harsh lockdowns that have left their cities looking like ghost towns.

The court further added “Given how much scientific doubt exists — as voiced by experts, i.e., those who matter — about the reliability of the PCR tests, given the lack of information concerning the tests’ analytical parameters, and in the absence of a physician’s diagnosis supporting the existence of infection or risk, there is no way this court would ever be able to determine whether C was indeed a carrier of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, or whether A, B and D had been at a high risk of exposure to it.” The Appeals court then ruled that the citizens of Portugal could no longer be quarantined based only on the PCR tests.

Be first to comment